Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tonight was a little soiree with new kids that arrived in the Residence for Rome. They are from a Christendom University in Virginia. When I went there after dinner, I found out to my utter surprise that they are a (very conservative, ostensibly) Catholic University.

This seems to be a serendipitous meeting in which the day culminated. After class today I booked a trip to the Taize monastery in France, arranged a meeting with a Jesuit priest, and prayed at a couple nearby Churches that happened to be Jesuit as well...one was Gesu where St. Ignatius is buried and the relic of St. Francis Xavier's right hand is...and the other is the Church of St. Ignatius itself.

I prayed for fellowship, and tonight I find out I'm living next to 40 Catholic university students. Alleluia inDEED.

Here's to rosaries at 7:30pm somedays and a couple pints afterwards, God willing.


EDIT: Now the title of the journal entry referred to the fact that I'm never asked if I'm Filipino even though I am...I just don't look it. And I'm never assumed/asked if I'm Christian, even though I am...I just don't act it, but I hope I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home